F&M’s commitment to learning that integrates service and leadership, and the enduring desire of generations past and present to seek that type of education here, have made active and engaged learning one of F&M’s signature qualities.
The world needs this type of education. Navigating societal changes of great complexity, businesses and communities require individuals with confidence, insight and empathy.
Through this campaign, we will strengthen the College’s capacity to help students become leaders, develop their characters and translate their commitment to service into lifelong success, growth and impact.
With these goals in mind, we will invest in an array of initiatives that connect our stellar curriculum to creative and influential learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
Enhancing Student Success
- Dramatically increased career preparation programs and services, to continue advancing F&M’s impact on the post-collegiate vision and achievements of all our students.
- New partnerships with the Lancaster community, to give students a wider array of programs through which to grow as leaders in their work with outstanding organizations across our home city.
- Improved programs for student health and wellness, as we establish a national model for student development to help students grow into self-assured and healthy adults.
Creating an Exemplary Student-Athlete Experience
- The American ideal of the scholar athlete—always striving to compete with integrity, respect for others and the greatest effort—is the foundation of F&M’s athletics program. To build on recent investments in our athletics programs and facilities, we have prioritized these campaign goals:
- Developments that transform Shadek Stadium, to create a multipurpose facility that benefits the entire training, competition and development experience of student athletes and coaches.
- Endowed funds for athletics programs and coaching positions, to bolster the student-athlete experience and help F&M recruit and recognize exceptional coaches who are model leaders.
- New leadership programs for student-athletes, to help them extend the lessons of athletic competition to other dimensions of college and adult life.